RECIPROCITY LINK CLICK on the MAP BELOW
FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES
(1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the
laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL.
Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.
(2) The State of VERMONT is unique in that it does not issue weapon/firearms licenses. Florida licensees -
indeed, licensed or unlicensed citizens from any state - may carry in Vermont. This presents a problem for
reciprocity with Florida. Florida law provides that an out-of-state resident must have in his or her immediate
possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm. Since Vermont residents have no such
license, the right to concealed carry cannot be extended to them under Florida law.
(3) Individuals qualify for concealed weapon licenses in these states upon reaching 18 years of age.
HOWEVER, any licensee of these reciprocity states who is not 21 years of age or older IS PROHIBITED from
carrying a concealed weapon or firearm in Florida.
(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the licensee is a resident of the
State of Florida.
(5) The Attorney General's Office of the State of ALABAMA has indicated that Alabama will honor BOTH
resident and non-resident Florida licenses. However, the Alabama Attorney General notes that there is some
uncertainty as to the limits of Alabama's reciprocity law as it pertains to non-resident licenses. Pending
clarification by the Alabama Legislature or a decision by an Alabama court, he urges non-resident Florida
license holders to exercise caution. Refer to the Alabama AG's Web page for the latest information.
(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These
non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.
New Mexico (1)
North Dakota (3,6)
South Carolina (1,4,6)
South Dakota (1,3)
West Virginia (1)